19 May 2010

Why Have You Not Been Writing, You Lazy POS?

Or at least, that's what I assume you have been thinking.

However, I'm willing to concede that might just be what I have been thinking in my head.

The last week has been insane on multiple levels (including yet another "sleep-in-three-separate-places-over-three-separate-nights" incident, though fortunately this time all three nights in question included Boy Scout), and to be honest, my reading time has not been what it should be.

If this was my other blog (you know, the one I am seriously considering abandoning), I would write all about my new passion for The Big Bang Theory. But alas, this blog is about books. And my aimless rambling.

SO ANYWAY, I have nothing new to report. Well, that's a lie. I am currently reading Never Love a Lawman by Jo Goodman (a book from the Massachusetts book pile that HAD to migrate. There was no way I was waiting until June to keep reading this book), another one of those highly recommended books from my friends at Dear Author and boy oh boy, they weren't kidding when they named it one of the best books of 2009. Twice.

It's a really rare occurence for me to not want to finish a book simply because I am enjoying it so much. In fact, the last time that happened to me in recent memory is with any and all of the Harry Potter books. You know the feeling, don't you? That as much as you want to know what happens with the plot and to the characters, there's the fact that when you finish the book it's, well, finished. And you don't get to read it anymore.

I am not even remotely suggesting that this book will be any less good in a second sitting (in fact, I'm already looking forward to that in a year or so), but at the moment I am really enjoying my personal discovery of this book and this author.

So yes, the book kicks ass and no, I won't be writing about it anytime soon. You're not rushing me through it.

In the meantime, I am giving up on the "Top Ten Romance Heroines" as a post with a list. Instead I am going to write individual posts about the heroines, because I think they deserve that much of our time.

Also, it's my blog, and I get to do whatever I want.

Up first: Jade from Guardian Angel by Julie Garwood. Post to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment