7 March 2011

In Which Monday's Menu Lacks Mayhem

Well friends, I did a shockingly little amount of cooking this weekend.

To be more precise, I cooked nothing.

That's not true, actually, on Saturday I made Bacon Dip, which, while not part of the Nigella pantheon of recipes, is still a family staple due to the bacony-cream-cheeseness of it all.  It's glorious.  And I've been known to eat it for dinner a time or six.

The problem with this weekend was that it was my birthday, and no one would let me cook.  As a matter of fact, it's only through an unfortunate family illness that I was allowed to make the dip-- we ended up being an appetizer short for The Big Dinner.

In any event, I have nothing to report except that I am the luckiest girl in the world, and I have the best family and friends anyone could ask for.  And also, there is no greater ice cream in the world than The Schmoo's homemade Oreo Cookie Ice Cream.  I ain't lyin'.

1 comment: