28 March 2011

In Which Monday Menu Mayhem Loses It (Again).

It is with great pleasure (really, I can't even quantify how much pleasure) that I announce that there is no new Nigella recipe this week.

(Wait for the pleasurable part...)

And it is all Boy Scout's fault.

Wow that feels nice.  For those who don't know, I am to blame for all of Boy Scout's life miseries.  He can't find his pen?  It's clearly my fault (even when I'm in another state).  He can't remember where he parked his car?  It's totally my fault (even when I'm in another state).  The good thing about this is that I am also responsible for the positive stuff, too.  He's deliriously happy?  MY FAULT.  (Right Boy Scout?  You're deliriously happy AND IT'S MY FAULT, RIGHT?!)

But I digress (insert Dramatic Music App faux gasps here).

So it's his fault, but it's one of the "good-thing-faults."  This weekend was the second anniversary of his twenty ninth birthday.  (Like how I did that, honey?)

ANYWAY.  All of the cooking this weekend centered around Favorite Scout Camp Foods, including clam chowder and peanut butter pie.  None of which originate from our bible.

This clam chowder is awesome though, and I say that as a person who is not normally enamored of clam chowder.  Now brace yourself, because it starts with bacon.  Shocking.  Right.  Then you add all the normal stuff, and not too much cream, which is one of my biggest clam chowder complaints-in-life.  Sometimes it's all just a bit much.

Speaking of "a bit much," that exactly describes the peanut butter pie, for which I do not have a handily available recipe.  It used to be called Ann's Peanut Butter Pie (thanks to Auntie Jones), but at this point I think I've made it more than she ever has.  Let's just say there's a stick of butter, a block of cream cheese, and a pint of whipping cream involved.

Yeah.  You're really better off not knowing that when you're eating it.  But it's 100% worth it.

In other news, I might actually finish a book this week!  Start planning the celebrations now.

No comments:

Post a Comment