14 March 2011

In Which Monday Menu Mayhem Catches Up

WELL.

After a harrowing weekend involving drying out from a minor (minor) wine spill and approximate drying times, the MacBook Pro is back up and holding together (Hear me, baby?  Hold together).

Apologies for the lack of obsession last week.  Between the ailing equipment and a busy week at work, there was simply no time to discuss the fact that I am indeed obsessed, but fortunately we'll be able to talk about that another time.

This week, we'll have the normal posts, as well as (count 'em!) two book reviews.  That's right, bitches.  I've been reading in my spare time.

However, we start back this week with a Monday Meny Mayhem, involving from-scratch Nigella brownies.  Like several other recipes in the past few weeks, I have to confess that I had made this recipe previously (even if I didn't write about it), so this was my second attempt.  Voila, la photo:



(Yeah, I really didn't take a photo, but read that.  It's pretty funny).

I love the flavor of these brownies, I love that they're from scratch, and I love that they don't involve melting chocolate in a double-boiler (though you do make them over the stove).  I'm not a huge fan of how cake-y they are.  The photo in the book shows drippy ooey-gooey-ness, and Nigella herself says that they should feel squiggey.  That's how I like my brownies.

When I cook these to their minimum time, they come out cakey (though soft and melting).  This time I confess I set the timer to five minutes less than prescribed, but was too chicken to take them out of the oven at that time.

Next time, I'm going to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment