5 July 2011

In Which Monday Menu Mayhem Cannot Get Its Act Together

Yesterday was a holiday so it doesn't count, right?

Right?

So I totally cooked, but then got distracted by things like Alias marathons, fireworks, people playing Katy Perry songs about fireworks, John Adams on HBO, and the shockingly bad dialogue from Independence Day.

I was like, 12 when that movie came out.  I remember it being a lot more badass.

And then it was way too late to be Mayheming, and I hoped you all would understand.  I'm only human, and this summer is already kicking my ass.  And it's only July 5, you guys.

We had to go with simple cooking this weekend, because nothing else about this glorious three-day-off-ness was simple.  I roasted some cauliflower.

Gwyneth told me how to do it-- 425 degree oven, olive oil-salt-and-pepper-tossing, 35 minutes with the occasional stir.  Donezo.

This recipe was a little shocking to me because I kind of adored it.  A lot.  I am not classically a cauliflower fan ("Why the eff would you make it, then," you ask? "Er... Because I'm out of my mind?") but this was awesome.  The sweetness was perfect, and there was enough caramelization to make me srsly happy.

No picture.  I think I might have failed to mention how much I absolutely do not have my act together.  I didn't forget to mention that?  OK.  Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment