14 July 2011

In Which Thoroughly Obsessed Thursday is a Harry Potter Geek Once and Always.

This week I am obsessed with the trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2:



I don't want to be.  I am generally scornful of the Potter films for the simple reason that they always fail to live up to my expectations.  No, I am not one of those people who thinks that every detail needs to be translated perfectly from page to screen (OK, maybe I am).  But generally I find that it's the big details they get wrong that annoy me.

For example, even in the above badass trailer, the number of conversations that He Who Must Not Be Named and Harry have, and the number of locations they have them in, is just strikingly wrong to me.

That said, I am a total sucker for the "It All Ends" tagline they've had running around for months.  And I can't get rid of these pesky goosebumps the trailer gives me, no matter how many times I have to roll my eyes at the inaccuracies.

There's also this piece of awesomeness from Damon Lindelof (that's Mr. Lost to you) about why Voldemort (There! I said it!!!) is The Baddest Villain of Them All.

So maybe I'll just have to get my head out of my ass and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment