14 April 2011

In Which Thoroughly Obsessed Thursday is Too ADD to Decide.

I don't even want to talk about it.

Friends, blog-ees, countrymen, I have nothing new to report this week by way of awesome new discoveries in awesomeness.

Really the biggest things I have been obsessed with are The Good Wife (I mean... seriously. WHY ARE YOU ALL NOT WATCHING IT ALL THE TIME??  Or, at the very least, WHY ARE YOU ALL NOT WATCHING IT WHEN YOU ARE NOT WATCHING COUGAR TOWN??) and old school (not to be confused with Old Skool) Lisa Kleypas historicals.

Both are the entertainment equivalent of comfort food.

Except that The Good Wife isn't so much comforting as it is ohholyhellamazing.  Have I mentioned how much I love Julianna Marguiles?  Not in the past week?  WELL.  She is beautiful.  And damn can that woman act.  I mean, for reals.  Without going all spoiler-alerty, let me just say that the last 20 or so seconds of this week's episode were Off the Charts Acting 101.  Her character, Alicia, finds out a BIG secret, and suddenly, as she's walking down a deserted hotel hallway, we see the woman who's held it together for two seasons just... crumble.  Before our very eyes.  It was heartbreaking for unobvious reasons (again with the spoiler-alertiness), and I cannot believe we now have to wait until May for the metaphorical shit to hit the metaphorical fan.

As for the Kleypases, there is something very very soothing about the interactions of her heroes and heroines.  I mean, even when they're behaving like idiots (Hi Derek Craven.  You know how much I love you... Just shut up and marry her, already), there is no doubt about how much they love each other and how much they want to be together.  Sure there are obstacles, but they almost don't matter when faced with the blinding chemistry of an atypical regency Miss and her dashingly unconventional Knight in Shining Armor.

And that's all she wrote.  No seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment