20 June 2011

In Which Monday Menu Mayhem is Hot

Greetings mayhem-ers, from sunny, hot as hell Phoenix. Yep, that's right, we're on the road this week, and I've already begun to regret my books-for-forced-reading choices. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get over it.

In the meantime, we cooked! Somehow, in the midst of a truly insane Father's Day weekend (Yay Dad and Granddads Jones!), I made Chilled Cucumber Soup for dinner.

And boy, would Boy Scout appreciate it if I never made such a thing, like, ever again.

It's not that it was bad, it was just not really anywhere in the vicinity of good. Something about cucumbers and a whole mess of onions (red, scallions) seemed like just the right thing, but then turned out not to be.

Full disclosure: I used fat free dairy products in the making of this soup (Greek yogurt and half & half), and left out the dill, mostly because I couldn't find any anywhere. Granted, I didn't try too hard because it's not my favorite thing in the world, but nonetheless, if I had found some, I would have used it.

Anyway, you're supposed to stick 2 cucumbers, a red onion, 6 scallions, the yogurt and the half & half in the blender. Which I did. Then I added the lemon juice as required before serving. I did not garnish with shrimp because I did not feel it was necessary. It was just the two of us, after all, but I suspect this is half of Boy Scout's problem. If only because he told to me outright that that was part of his problem.

I really did take a picture if the soup, but right now it requires more effort than I have to expend to figure out how to get that picture from the gallery in my phone to this blog entry right here. It is a shockingly difficult task.

Voila. Monday? Check. Menu? Check. Mayhem? Check. Stay cool out there.

1 comment:

  1. You know I love you and am forever grateful for your culinary endeavors. That being said, this just happened to be my least favorite one. Boo Contessa is what I say to that!

    ReplyDelete