15 April 2010

I'm Finally Reading the Kresley Cole Book.

And of course, as soon as I picked it up and settled in, I started wondering why the frak it had taken me so long to start it in the first place. Garreth! Lucia! Nix! Lachlain! Emmaline! These are some of my favorite people. A Hunger Like No Other (Lachlain and Emma's book) is borderline my fave (tying with, well... all but Kiss of a Demon King, and maybe No Rest for the Wicked) and seeing that story from the other perspective (Garreth doesn't believe his brother is alive! And then he sees Emma's bite! ACK!) is fun for the whole family.

I'm not going to post a review right now, I'll wait til I've actually finished (at this rate... Saturday?), but I do have a couple of thoughts:

*Am I the only one who is really, really annoyed by Regin? I mean, she is a fine, distracting, humorous secondary character, but I don't think I would ever willingly read her book. And I hope Cole knows better than to write one. I mean, not everyone needs to be paired up in the end. Right?!

*I think we're actually going to get some Accession action in this one, which is good... if you'll recall my previous concerns, we are rapidly running down characters and nothing has happened in this epic supernatural battle that only comes around every 500 years.

*Garreth might be hotter than Lachlain. I haven't quite made a final call on this one yet, but there will undoubtedly be a post dedicated to the hotness of the brothers MacRieve.

Oh, and the next time I'm hesitating about reading a Kresley Cole? Someone please hit me over the head with something heavy.

1 comment: