2 July 2009

Gently finding my way back

Okay, so there appears to be some time in my days that wasn't available to me as recently as a week ago. I will take advantage of it. I'm in "Comfort Food" mode and reading Jude Deveraux's Sweet Liar. I need to remark on the fact that in the past few years I have given up on her books. I just can't seem to understand what or why she's writing. But I digress. Sweet Liar takes us back to her wonderful Taggerts and Montgomerys. As I have not finished the book (this time around) yet, I can only remark on my observations so far. It still holds up! Sam and Michael still appeal, and the story has meat. The heroine, Samantha, starts off wishy washy enough, but soon Michael (did I mention he's a Taggert?) brings out some very charming qualities and I am delighted by her spree in the bookstore - because who wouldn't like to be told that whatever books they could pick out in x number of minutes would be theirs to keep? The whole concept of the reenactment of a massacre is a bit overdone, but it gets us more familiar with other characters (who will eventually get their own books) and sets up the end of the story nicely. I'll let you know when I finish, and maybe I'll have time to read something a little meatier next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment